What does the Education Committee do?
The Education Committee focuses on two types of events throughout the year:
- The annual Fall Conference
- The four quarterly chapter continuing education meetings
As the future of our profession, students are valued members of our chapter and national association. A focus of the 2017-2018 year is PNP/FNP student outreach. Those interested in participating in this sub- committee will partner with local universities to welcome FNP/PNP students into our chapter. Our chapter will be hosting a social hour "Meet Your Mentor" again this year following the 2017 Fall Conference for students and members to network.
What are the responsibilities?
Committee members are requested to attend all conference calls, complete all assigned tasks by the specified due date, and communicate with the chair, committee and staff liaison in a timely, professional manner.
Annual Fall Conference Planning
- Purpose: Coordinate development, delivery and evaluation of continuing education podium/poster presentations related to the annual Fall conference.
- Responsibilities: Responsibilities include arranging speaker presentations and providing input into future conference speakers and topics.
- Additional Information: All program committee members are requested to attend the NAPNAP PA Delaware Valley annual Fall conference to assist onsite with welcoming and introducing speakers, greeting exhibitors and providing assistance to the Education Committee Chair and staff.
Continuing Education Chapter Meeting Planning
- Purpose: Coordinate development, delivery and evaluation of all NAPNAP continuing education programs and accreditation of non-NAPNAP education programs.
- Responsibilities: Responsibilities include reviewing CE applications and providing evaluation comments to the Education Committee Chair. Committee members are asked to review speaker interest/application during the scheduled teleconference meeting times.
- Purpose: Reach out and welcome PNP/FNP students into the NAPNAP PA Delaware Valley Chapter.
- Responsibilities: Serve as a liaison and partner with local universities offering PNP/FNP programs.
- Additional Information: All program committee members are requested to attend the NAPNAP PA Delaware Valley annual Fall conference and Social Hour to assist onsite with welcoming students into the chapter.
What is the time commitment?
Each spring, we recruit members to serve on our committees for a one-year term beginning on July 1. Members of this committee generally collaborate twice in person at our annual Summer Planning Retreat (~ 2 hours) and at our Holiday Meeting combined with the executive board. We then will meet by phone every 2-3 months. Joining this committee is an excellent way for you to get involved with the chapter without an overwhelming time commitment.
How do I join?
Email your interest to Education Committee before June 15th